Your Nav Bar Here

Monday, July 9, 2012

Tessa's Just-About-Any-Occasion Look

Today, we're featuring a beauty tutorial from my (Rory's) sister, Tessa! Last week, she went to an event, and was not sure how formal it was. These events can be so difficult because when it's summer, we want to be comfortable, but still be appropriate for the occasion. I think it worked out very well, and I wanted her to describe her look in her own words. So without further ado, heeere's Tessa! 

Skin:
First, I applied my liquid foundation all over my face. I used my fingers instead of a brush because I wanted my skin to look flawless, and when I use my fingers I am able to rub the makeup into my skin more easily. I also applied foundation on my eyes to act as a primer.

Eyes:
Photo by: Rory M.
Next, I moved onto eyes. The eye shadow palette I chose had soft pastel colors, which looks good on pale skin. I first applied the orange color all over my eye. I then applied the green color onto my lid. Using the same brush, I applied the purple on the inner corners of my eyes, and I put a little bit under my eyes in the inner corner. I took the darkest shade (brown), and put it into the crease to add some definition. I then took my plum-colored eyeliner and made a very thin line as close to the roots of my lashes as I could. I then took the brown color and, using an eyeliner smudging brush, I smudged the brown color into the eyeliner, very soft, yet still defined. Lastly, I applied my mascara. I did not curl them simply because my lashes don't stay curled. But I didn't want my eyes to be the center of attention; this look is all about the overall look, meaning that it's not about having one feature pop. The entire look should be the main focus.

Cheeks:
Photo by: Rory M.
Next, I applied a light layer of powder. I didn't want my face to look photoshopped, but I wanted it to look flawless in a natural way. Then, I applied my blush. I went with a rosie red-pink because it looked cheerful and youthful. I applied it on the apples of my cheeks, going up along the cheekbone. I then applied some bronzer a little below the cheek bones to add some contouring.

Lips:
I finished with chapstick. I felt that my natural lips went well with the rest of the look, so I didn't really touch them. 

Dress:
My dress from American Eagle was perfect for the occasion. It was a great day dress, but could easily be worn for a special occasion, or a night event. I felt that the style was mature, yet was not over-the-top. All-in-all, I believe this look is carefree and bright.
Photo by: Rory M.

No comments:

Post a Comment