Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy Happy

Photo by: Sam D.
Today, I want to give a special shout-out to my friend, Sam. It's her birthday, and I want to take some time to educate the masses as to why she is so darn cool. 

The first week of my freshman year in college, I heard a knock at the door, and found a crowd of overly-excited freshmen. (I was the type that preferred to sit in the corner of my bed and count ceiling tiles over talking to new people.) The scary, happy crowd was led by a tiny, freckle-faced girl who wore a very large grin.

"Hi! I'm Sam! We're going to every floor and meeting people! Want to join?"

Nononononoooo..."Sure!" Crap

Somehow, I ended up in the back of the crowd, and by the end of the night I had met some of my favorite people in college.

This year, when Sam would invite me over for after-dinner tea (Yes, we do that.), I had to ask myself, "What time do you want to be in bed? 12am or 4am?" Sam and I could sit and talk for, literally, hours. As long as the tea kept coming, we would go over food, fashion, family, makeup, boys, music, theater, films, books, hair, crafts, more boys, nails, and we might have touched on Boston weather. 

I admire Sam for her inviting persona, both in real life and in her writing. You can't help but be excited about what she's excited about, and I think the world needs more passionate people like her. 

Happy Birthday Sam!!

Rory

No comments:

Post a Comment