Your Nav Bar Here

Monday, April 9, 2012

These are a Few of My Favorite Things


1. My beautiful sister, Tessa.
2. I saw this online, and sent it to Tessa. We bought the supplies to make it over Winter Break, but I left before we could get started. She surprised me by putting it together while I was at school!
3. I never understood item collections until I saw the variety of Fossil tins. These colorful little tins are so fun to have around the room. 
4. This figurine was my Grandmother's. When I would go over after school, I would beg her to "see Cinderella". Basically, she embodied all that 5-year old Rory wanted out of life. 

I recently discovered that I will be living at home this summer, and, for a while, this was very upsetting. Don't get me wrong- I love being with my family, but I was hoping for the opportunity to be "on my own" for a few months in the city. 

I find that handling disappointment is often a matter of perspective. After the initial acceptance, I started looking at the benefits of living at home, which included what I love about my bedroom. 

I firmly believe that happiness is an inner choice, but focusing on positive surroundings makes it even easier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment