Your Nav Bar Here

Friday, October 12, 2012

Our Daily Red

Photo by: Rory M.
I had always made excuses for why I couldn't do red lips. Too pale. Not the right lips. Not the right red. Recently, I'd started noticing Taylor Swift's red lips at nearly every red carpet event and thought, "She can't be much darker than me. If she can do it, so can I!" That started me on the quest for the perfect red. These were my requirements:

Shamelessly red.
Long lasting.
Easy to apply.
Mess-free.

I started trying everything, from stains to glosses, from sticks to balms, and nothing had those four rules.

A couple of weeks ago, I found Milani Lip Flash. These gloss pencils were everything I'd wanted in red lip color. The two I am featuring in the photo above are 05 Hot Flash (I'm also wearing this one!) and 03 Flash Light.

The pencil-top is perfect for lining the lips for a no-mess application, and they were as easy as coloring in a picture! As you can see, they are also quite red, and they last longer than any other red I've tried.

Do you have a recent beauty find? Send us your story at anewbeautyblog@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment