Your Nav Bar Here

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The New Monday


The other day, I was at Starbucks and I noticed that one of the baristas had a great, glam, red lip. It was so neat and bright, and not too gooey or faded. As awkward as it felt to compliment someone on their lips, I told her how nice the color looked. She suddenly smiled and said, "Thanks. I decided that it was going to be my 'Monday thing'."

How cool is that?

Maybe I've taken this too far in my mind, but I think it's so neat that she chose to spice up a day that is especially difficult for most of us.

This semester, Tuesday is the new Monday. It's my most stressful day for class and work, and I often go into it overtired and mentally unprepared. But I've decided to take on the mentality of the "red lip". The I-have-a-say-in-how-my-day-goes attitude.

It may seem silly and trivial, but for me, it's saying, "My day is busy, but I can still make positive choices." Whether it's class, meetings, jury duty, or work- make today special because you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment