Your Nav Bar Here

Monday, March 19, 2012

Dance Style

I love Spring for many reasons: warm weather, beautiful flowers, spring fashion, my birthday, and it's dance season! Middle and high schools all over are holding semi-formals and proms, and I just love the excitement that goes with it. However, with the joy and excitement tends to come stress-

What should I wear?
Who can I bring as a date?
Should I go stag?
Limo?
Party? 
What the heck is a boutonnière?!!

But along with the stress comes opportunities to take some positive risks by daring to be different or stepping out of your comfort zone. 

This past weekend, my sister and brother attended a semi-formal, and I am proud to say took a few risks. 

Their good friend, Jess took a risk by letting me give her a subtle smokey eye. She also let me experiment with her hair. Although she wanted a classic waterfall braid, I was able to take some creative license by doing a soft boho wave, rather than sticking to the standard curl. Isn't she fabulous?
+

My brother, Tristan also allowed me to experiment with his hair. He is very particular with his style, so I felt honored that he let me have my fun. I think the crazy up-up-and-away-look suits his personality perfectly!

Lastly, my sister, Tessa was very brave to hand over her sceptor (aka makeup brush). She loves makeup, and it was quite the task to give her a natural look that accentuated all of her beautiful features. I like to go to the dramatic side, so it was very exciting to find a compromise that suited her. 

Do you have pics from your special night? Send them to:

anewbeautyblog@gmail.com. 

We'd love to feature you and share your beauty!






No comments:

Post a Comment